Join the club
Our membership prices are as follows:
- Standard Membership $45 (reduced to $30 for the rest of 2017)
- Family Membership $75 (reduced to $50 for the rest of 2017)
- Junior Membership $40 (reduced to $20 for the rest of 2017)
Nelson Mountain Bike Club has been going for over 20 years, and we have an active membership of over 2600 members. There are three things we focus on:
Ride - helping ensure that our members have fun riding their bikes off road, no matter what skill or fitness level you are. You must be a member to be able to ride at the Wairoa Gorge.
Dig - making sure that there are high-quality mountain bike trails for you to ride on. We plan them with the landowners, we build them through our volunteers, we pay for the materials needed and we maintain them so they continue to be a valued resource for everyone to enjoy.
Race - we host a wide variety of races and events throughout the year that cater for all fitness and skill levels, from national level downhill races to mass participation fun rides. NMTBC organises and manages close to 40 events every year so that you can come along and have some fun.
By joining NMTBC you help fund this activity. 95% of all membership money goes back into building and maintaining trails. The profit from events goes directly back into organising more events.
As a member of NMTBC you will also receive an annual Hancock forest permit - which enables you to legally ride a wide range of quality NMTBC built trails in Hancock's forests. This includes all of the trails in the Hira/Sharland's trail network and Turners, IV Line, Top Dog, Lollipop and various other trails on Hancock land in the Codgers MTB Park.
You also get to take advantage of loads of NMTBC member only offers from local companies saving you money on everything from bike parts to food, beer and DIY kit!
- Membership costs $45 (inc GST) for a single adult (includes one Tasman Pine forests Ltd permit). NB: reduced to $30 for the rest of 2017
- Membership for a family costs $75 (inc GST) which gets you up to six named members who all live at the same address and includes TWO Tasman Pine Forests Ltd permits. Each additional family member after the first two members will automatically get allocated another permit at a cost of $11.50 each. If additional permits are required for bikes they can be added for $11.50 each. NB: reduced to $50 for the rest of 2017
- Membership for under 17yr olds costs $40 (inc GST) and includes one Tasman Pine Forests Ltd permit. NB: reduced to $20 for the rest of 2017
Registration reminders are sent out during the first week of January each year to existing members. We accept bank deposits for payment and also have Paypal for online payments available for memberships. Unfortunately our young and super enthusiastic membership team have no idea what a cheque is, or what you would even do with one, so sorry we don't accept cheques for membership payments.
Membership runs from 1 January - 31 December (the annual forest permit is valid from 1 January - 31 December).
By joining NMTBC you are helping us support the growth of mountain biking in the Nelson region, giving us a strong voice to effectively lobby for mountain biking with the councils/landowners, you are helping ensure loads of quality trails for you, your family and your friends to ride on and you are helping us host more fun events. Thanks.