The Nelson Mountain Bike Club is a volunteer-driven non-profit organisation that works to improve mountain biking in Nelson, New Zealand, and surrounding areas.
Set up around 1995 (the details of the first meetings are hazy and shrouded in mystery) we have an annual membership of over 2000 individuals, of all ages and abilities. We are active in all disciplines of mountain biking.
We have fun riding our bikes, we build and maintain a fantastic network of over 100km of trails, we organise a wide range of events throughout the year and we advocate for Nelson's mountain bikers.
For Nelson to be an exceptional place to mountain bike.
NMTBC's Mission Statement: (e.g. central purpose and role of our club):
To facilitate, advocate, promote and encourage mountain biking in Nelson. Fostering local mountain bike trails and events, creating distinctive and valued community assets for the enjoyment of mountain bike riders of all abilities.
NMTBC's objectives / goals:
To ensure that NMTBC achieves its vision, the committee has defined some key objectives:
- Foster and strengthen positive relationships with land-owners, local authorities and other stakeholders.
- Support the development and maintenance of high quality mountain bike trails and infrastructure that caters for all levels of riders.
- Have a positive effect on Nelson's natural environment.
- Encourage and support mountain bike events in Nelson (racing, working bees, social etc).
- Be a positive voice for mountain biking in Nelson.
- Ngati Koata
- Tasman Pine Forests
- Department of Conservation
- Nelson City Council
- Tasman District Council
- PF Olsens