Engorged Enduro - Wairoa Gorge
30 July 2017
A multi-stage enduro on the unique and world-famous Wairoa Gorge Bike Park trails. You won't want to miss this one - limited places.
Date: 30 July 2017
Cost: $60 NMTBC Member, $75 Non-Member
Entry Limit: 70. First come first served.
Minimum Age: 16
Register: Online only. REGISTER HERE
Course: The tracks will not be announced prior to the event - all stages will be blind. There will be multiple stages, and there will be some climbing liaisons between stages. This is not a fully shuttled downhill race. Riders need trail bikes and they should expect to pedal, though there will be shuttle uplifts as well. The tracks will be of difficulty roughly equivalent to the Super D series races in Nelson - so mostly Gorge grade 2 and 3 (this would equate to Nelson grade 3 and 4), with perhaps a few short sections of Gorge grade 4. Stages will generally be technically easier than the Dodzy Memorial Enduro. There will be no grade 5 (black diamond) terrain. Right now the trails at the Wairoa Gorge Bike Park are dry and there is excellent traction everywhere. However, if it's wet and slippery for the race, we will change the course slightly to make it a bit easier.
Categories: We’re keeping it simple. Open Men/Women - under 30 years as at the date of the event. Masters Men/Women 30 years and over as at the date of the event.
If we get more than 5 hardtails we will run a separate HT class
Podiums for 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
Health and Safety:
- There will be no public access to the venue other than NMTBC members – gate will be closed during the day. There is no facility for spectators on course, but family/friends may wait at the staging area at Barry’s Flat.
- As per normal WGBP rules all riders must have helmet (full face recommended), kneepads and gloves. There is no smoking permitted on site
- 8am Riders sign in and get numberplates (no registration on the day)
- 8:30 Rider Briefing – front gate closed – don’t be late!
- 8:45am First shuttle convoy leaves Razor Bridge for Irvines (arrives 9:05)
- 9:10am Race starts
- 9:25am Second convoy leaves Razor Bridge for Irvines (arrives 9:45)
- 12:00pm First convoy leaves quarry for Irvines (arrives 12:10)
- 12: 25pm Second convoy leaves quarry for Irvines (arrives 12:35)
- 12:20 – 12:40pm Lunch
- 12:40 pm Race continues
- 2:15 – 2:40 Race finish
- 3pm Presentations and BBQ
- 3:30pm Head home and start re-living your runs.....