6 HR Midwinter Breakout 2018
Sunday 24 June 2018
Rabbit Island is the place to be on Sunday 24 June. Get a team of 2, 3 or 4 riders together and join the hundreds of riders who take part in Nelson's biggest bike race every year. Everyone has a blast, from novices, corporate teams and schools through to the fast racers in search of glory.
Costumes encouraged - but not compulsory!
If you're aged 10yrs+ then this is the most fun you'll have on a bike. Thousands of $ in spot prizes, plus $500 to go to the school with the MOST teams entered!
- Women's Solo
- Men's Solo
- Women's Team (max 4)
- Men's Team (max 4)
- Mixed Team (min 1 woman, max 4)
- School Team (max 4) + one non-participating Team Captain (this is a parent/ guardian who is be over 18yrs)
- Parent & Child (1 parent, 1 child)
- Couples (max 2)
- Corporate (max 4)
- Lucky Dip - We'll put you in a team!
Stuff you should know BEFORE you enter:
Entries Close: 5pm, Friday 22nd June. NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED
Age Limit: 10 years minimum age
Teams: A maximum of four (4) people.
Need a Team?: Check the Lucky Dip option on the online reg form and we will find you a team.
Event Timing: Check in onsite between 8.00am - 9.30am. Start: 10am, with the last rider cut-off for starting last lap at 3.40pm.
Bring: Team tent, BBQ, Brazier (must bring own wood and must have extinguisher), warm clothing, cash for coffee/food.
WIN: Spot prizes throughout the day.
Cancellation: Check this page and our Facebook page if the weather isn't looking so good. Notices will also run on More FM radio station, five minutes to the hour, every hour.
- Team withdrawal by June 17th : 50% entry fee refunded
- No refunds after June 17th
- If the event is postponed to July 1st due to unrideable conditions and the team cannot attend: 50% entry fee refund
- If event cannot be held due to unrideable conditions on June 24th or the backup date of July 1st: 75% entry fee refund.
Click here to read the race rules.
The Course Map and Site Map can be found below.