Ride at Wairoa Gorge
All NMTBC club members now have the opportunity to ride at the world famous Wairoa Gorge Bike Park! Members can purchase as many days as they like riding at the WGBP for $99 per day. To join NMTBC, click here
The park operates shuttles Friday to Sunday. Private Shuttling is available on weekdays by request to groups (email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more info).
There is also accommodation available on site, interested groups may book out Wairoa Gorge Lodge, which sleeps 14 in self-catered style. The cost is $450 per night for up-to 8 people, $50 per person after that. Get your mates together and get ready for a BIG weekend riding. Email: email@example.com if you are interested in finding out more.
The easiest way to find your way around Wairoa Gorge is using trailforks. Check www.trailforks.com and download the app from Google play or the Apple App Store.
Log in or sign up and then make your booking via the calendar below.
If you have any issues booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The fine print - You need to read this!
- Minimum rider age is 18 years.
- All riders must have kneepads, gloves and a helmet - we strongly recommend a full face helmet.
- There are no guides and no bike patrol. Riders must stay in groups and look out for each other, be self-sufficient (as you would on any big ride) and be prepared for awesome riding in a beautiful and remote location.
- All riders must be at the carpark ready to load the shuttle truck at 08.15 in the morning. Out of courtesy to those who turn up on time we do not wait for people who are late.
- We operate rain or shine. If the shuttles are being cancelled the next day due to extreme weather you will be informed by 8.00pm the evening prior by email, and you will be able to transfer your booking to another day.
- NMTBC reserves the right to cancel a scheduled shuttle day for any reason that it deems fit, including if there are low numbers booked for a day. Riders already booked on these days will be given the opportunity to transfer their booking to another day, or get a refund.
- All changes to booking need to be done with at least 7 days notice. We do not change bookings last minute or provide refunds for last minute cancellations by riders. Unfortunately we have to work with strict access requirements and on-site communications are difficult due to the remote location/limited phone and internet access so we are forced to operate a fairly inflexible booking system. Your understanding is appreciated.