Codgers MTB park
The Codgers Mountain Bike Park is handily placed in the heart of Nelson and contains a wide range of mountain bike trails, from easy meandering single track for beginners and families to enjoy to full on double black downhill trails best left to the experts. The trails are based around three hills, with the summits rising to approximately 400m.
The trails all start from Brook Street and are very well signposted. You aren't ever too far from civilisation so you can tailor your ride as you go - from 30 minutes right up to several hours.
The trails have been created through a partnership between Nelson City Council and the Nelson Mountain Bike Club and have been built to a professional standard. All are clearly signposted - and the locals are very friendly and most only too happy to point you in the right direction.
The trails suit all types of mountain bike - from rigid single speeds and hardtails right through to 6" all mountain style bikes.
Please be considerate when parking on Brook Street to ride the Dun Mountain Trail and Codgers Mountain Bike Park. These trails are really popular, which means at times parking can be an issue. Nelson City Council is looking at ways to improve the situation.
- Be considerate where you park
- Don't park in the entrance to the Dun Mountain Trail (beside the map board), this must be kept clear at all times
- Don't ride the wrong way down the one-way sections of Brook Street - it's illegal, dangerous and you can be fined
- Be polite if you're using the footpath to get to the trail entrance. Normal road rules and etiquette apply
- Brook Street is narrow - please be considerate to other road users.